About Charlotte Nytoft
Charlotte Nytoft’s career experience spans business development, sales, procurement, and consulting for international enterprises from smaller businesses to global corporations over the past 35 years. She has lived and worked a total of thirteen years outside her home country, Denmark; three years in Germany, and ten years in the US, eight of them as a consultant at the Trade Council of Denmark in Atlanta, Georgia, and in Washington, D.C.
Furthermore, Charlotte Nytoft is elected as board member at:
• Give Steel A/S where she contributes to the internationalization process.
• Erhvervsrådet Herning & Ikast/Brande – the local chamber of commerce, covering the top two municipalities in Denmark when it comes to friendly business climate.
Export Business Consultant
After returning to Denmark in late 2015, Charlotte Nytoft created her own boutique consulting company and is connecting the dots from her versatile career, working as an independent export adviser, helping clients to succeed abroad with their export projects.
As an independent export consultant, Charlotte is using her strength as a generalist, helping companies explore their export opportunities, both from the very early start, or later in the process when they have some export experience and want to grow and make a more solid commitment to the markets.
Besides the years in Germany and the US, her experience counts a number of other countries and cultures as well:
- Opening subsidiary for DOT-Nordic and building up a local customer base in East Germany (Berlin) in the 90s, after the reunification of East and West Germany.
- Rolling out a new dealer network in Germany for Hammer Carpets and key-account VIP customers in the Netherlands and the UK.
- Vendor managing and rolling out internal business processes for Otto International across offices in Europe, as well as building up a shared-service center in the Baltics.
- Identifying customers and building up relationships for ALPI USA as Trade Lane Manager Denmark-the US.
- Sr. Commercial Advisor at the Trade Council of Denmark, helping Danish companies identify market potential in the US.
- Heading Project Management of Danish internationalization project at Zealand Global, subsidized by the European Union.
- Specialist Nordics at the Transatlantic Business and Investment Council, connecting Nordic companies with local economic development corporations across the US when establishing production in the US.